Application Engineer / Maker – Focus Software (m/f/d)
In our team in Reutlingen we are looking for an Application Engineer / Maker – Focus Software (m/f/d). For this position, we are open to candidates with working experience but are also willing to give starters an opportunity to start their first job after finishing their education.
Key tasks / Key responsibilities
- Alignment with Marketing & Customers (automotive / consumer) on application requirements e.g.
- For design-in support of new customer product;
- Evaluation of upcoming sensor technologies.
- Support feasibility studies to assess new technologies & markets.
- Preparation & operation of sensor setups including
- Electronical setup of sensors and read-out system;
- Mechanical integration into existing or new setups;
- Execution of experiments;
- High-level data analysis & reporting.
- Supporting development teams on software topics.
- Travel to customers and/or trade shows possible.
Qualifications / Skills
- Hands-on maker mentality.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in Electronics, Electrical / Mechanical engineering, Computer science or comparable engineering discipline.
- Good knowledge in electronics.
- Basic know-how in schematic design & layout.
- Know-how in sensor technology (gas sensor is a plus).
- Good knowledge in scripting/programming languages (e.g. Python, C++).
- Experience with Arduino and or Raspberry Pi a plus.
- Basic experience with data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, MATLAB, Origin).
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- German language skills preferred.