Characterization Engineer (m/f/d)
In our team in Reutlingen we are looking for a Characterization Engineer (m/f/d). For this position, we are open to candidates with working experience but are also willing to give starters an opportunity to start their first job after finishing their education.
Key tasks / Key responsibilities
- Be active part of the product development process.
- Enable application specific solutions for our automotive & non-automotive customers.
- Support feasibility studies to assess new technologies & markets.
- Within the global Sciosense team
- Contribute to project meetings & communicate with all disciplines;
- Support sensor fusion team with measurement data & reviews;
- Align with marketing regarding required documentation & datasheet input;
- Exchange with quality team during product qualification phase.
- As part of the characterization team
- Define & execute experimental part of the developments process;
- Handle internal gas mixing systems & climate chambers;
- Manage real life setups, test car & other infrastructure;
- Develop and prepare new measurements concepts & setup.
Qualifications / Skills
- Hands-on maker mentality.
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. / PhD in Physics, Chemistry or comparable engineering discipline.
- Ideally experience with air quality / gas sensors.
- Know-how in sensor and semiconductor technology is a plus.
- Basic experience with data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, MATLAB, Origin).
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- German language skills preferred.