Supplier Quality Engineer (m/f/d)
In our team in Reutlingen (Germany), we are looking for a Supplier Quality Engineer (m/f/d) who will own full quality-/ & environmental engineering responsibility for our delivered parts to ScioSense sites and our customers. The SQE is in charge of quality communication between suppliers and internal operations and development teams.
Key tasks/key responsibilities
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities.
- Ensure necessary quality levels are met.
- Lead or support in 8D task forces to eliminate quality issues with incoming goods.
- Manages supplier compliance documents related to EH&S.
- Performs or manages failure analysis and 8D reporting from suppliers, initiates and drives the implementation of containment / corrective actions.
- Guides and channels the external change management process.
- Identifying and execution of quality improvement initiatives.
- Represents Quality in internal and external meetings and events.
- Professional execution of risk management and qualifications, use of tools FMEA and 6σ.
- Creates, reviews and updates key QMS documents such as procedures, work instructions or templates.
- Performs first and second party audits based on standards as IATF-16949 and VDA 6.3.
- Supports the third-party audits related to Quality Management System.
Qualifications / Skills
- MSc in Electronics, Physics, Material Sciences, or another equivalent area.
- Fluent in English and German (spoken and written).
- Relevant experience in Quality Management in industrial business.
- Networker with good negotiation and relation building skills.
- Thorough understanding of quality tools/processes (PPAP, FMEA’s, 8-D reporting, Quality Standards, especially automotive Quality standards: VDA6.3, IATF 16949 and ISO 9001).
- Excellent communication and analytical problem-solving skills, high self-organizing skills.
- Good IT/software capabilities (especially Excel, knowledge in statistical software) is an advantage.
- Affinity with product development and industrialization.