- Dedicated ports for precision temperature measurement (with Pt1000 sensors)
- Serial interfaces (SPI or I2C compatible)
- Single power supply (2.1 to 3.6 V)
- RISC processor core using Harvard architecture:
48 x 48 bit RAM Data, 4k x 8 bit volatile program memory, 4k x 8 bit non-volatile (OTP) program memory
- Digital measuring principle in CMOS technology
- Up to 8 capacitances in grounded mode
- Up to 4 capacitances in floating mode (potential- free and with zero bias voltage)
- Compensation of internal (grounded) and external parasitic capacities (floating)
- High resolution: up to 6 aF at 5 Hz and 10 pF base capacitance, or 17 bit resolution at 5 Hz with 100 pF base capacitance and 10 pF excitation
- High measurement rate: up to 500 kHz
- Extremely low current consumption possible:
Down to 4 µA at 3 Hz with 13.4 bit resolution
- High stability with temperature, low offset drift (down to 30 aF per Kelvin), low gain drift when all compensation options are activated.
- Humidity sensors
- Position sensor
- Pressure sensors
- Force sensors
- Acceleration sensors
- Inclination sensors
- Tilt sensors
- Angle sensors
- Wireless applications
- Level sensors
- MEMS sensors
Evaluation Kit for PCAP01
The PCapØ1-EVA-KIT evaluation system provides a complete system for generally evaluating the PCapØ1 chip. It comprises of a main board, a plug-in module, a Windows based evaluation software, assembler software and the PICOPROG programming device. The PCapØ1 evaluation board is connected to the PC‘s USB interface through the PICOPROG V2.0 programming device. The evaluation kit offers user friendly configurations for evaluating the PCapØ1 single-chip solution for capacitance measurement. This kit can be used to evaluate the capacitance measurement, temperature measurement and the pulse generation capabilities of the PCapØ1 chip.
PCAP02 Capacitance-to-Digital Converter
Low power capacitance-to-digital converter with wide input range (from fF to nF) and versatile configuration options.
PCAP04 Capacitance-to-Digital Converter
PCap04 is a capacitance-to-digital converter (CDC) with integrated digital signal processor (DSP) for on-chip data post-processing.
Version DB_PCapØ1-0301_en V0.6
Product Discontinuation (issued 2019-Sept)